Friday, August 20, 2010

My moment to be a famous palette knife artist

Yesterday, we received the new (and really big!) Dick Blick Studio catalog in the mail.
My husband emailed me immediately to let me know that my painting was in there on the painting knives spread.
Even though I had posted a pdf of the page awhile ago on my blog, it was so exciting to finally see it in print! Someone told me this means that I am now a published artist. Perhaps it is my 15 minutes of fame, but hopefully people will hold on to it longer than that before it hits the recycle bin. Here is the painting that they chose to put on the page:

Afternoon in the City
Oil with a palette knife on cradled artist board
8" x 8" x .75"

I really do order most of my art supplies from Dick Blick. I love their prices, their website is easy to use, and I find everything I need there. And they don't pay me a dime to say that.

Now, I think I need to go order some of those wonderful palette knives. Just look at them all!

Happy art supply shopping.

6 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Congratulations! I will look for it when my catalog comes.

Autumn Hathaway said...

I first saw your work in the catalog which let me here. You are a true inspiration.

Autumn Leaves said...

Published indeed! Congratulations Ann; it looks so smashing in there!!

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

Wow, congratulations. I love it

Anonymous said...

I keep waiting for my copy to arrive. Thrilled that you're published. I venture to say that this is just the first moment of many more yet to come.

Spast!

Lisa Daria said...

This painting is perfect, I can see why they used it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...