Friday, February 7, 2014

The Red Inn VII

The Red Inn VII
12" by 36" by 2"
Oil with a palette knife on cradled board
SOLD

Here is the next in my series of Red Inn commissions. Number 7!

I remembered to take some photos after each of the painting sessions to share my process. I like to paint the most difficult things first, so I started by painting the inn, focusing on the architecture, the siding, trim and the windows.

In the second painting session I painted in the greens, the road, and the white fence. This particular client loved the very first painting I did of the Red Inn (Red Inn I) so he did not want the Adirondack chairs and deck to be added as I have done with later versions.
In the last session, the sky and the trees went in (shown at top) to complete the painting in 3 paintings sessions of about 2-3 hours each.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...