Thursday, January 9, 2020

2020 Announcement :: Getting Focused and Organized


Happy New Year everyone! Can you believe it is 2020 already? It's a little surreal. I started this blog on January 1 of 2009 and I plan to keep it going for as long as I can. It's been a documentation of my journey as an artist and I often look back on it to remind me where I've been and where I want to go.

This year I have a big announcement to make as I start my 11th year as a blogger. I've made the decision to retire from my full time graphic design job of 30 years and focus on painting. It's pretty exciting but also very scary.

This is my first week working at my new full time job as an artist and I am trying to get organized. I am a list maker and have lots of ideas so I recently collected all of my notebooks so I could start making a plan. Each of these notebooks hold various thoughts, ideas, and inspirations. The reason there are so many is that I have them in various places-in the car, in my purse, at my bedside table, at my desk. How do you organized your ideas? I would love to hear any suggestions or other words of advice you may have while I wade through the waters. I am a sponge ready to soak it all it!

Ready? Let's Go!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

If you have a notebook at the ready in so many locations, you're more organized than the rest of us! I use my iPhone to capture images here and there, then use a sketchbook to work out composition.....unless the photo somehow looks good on its own!
I'm impressed with the amount of detail you manage with a palette knife. I love the way painting with a knife feels but always find myself reaching for a brush. You've inspired me to give it a go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...