Thursday, October 6, 2022

Daddy's Big Girl

Daddy's Big Girl
9" x 12"
Oil with palette knives on board

Brian asked me to paint a photo of him and his daughter Julianna that he said was their favorite image of the two of them together. An interesting challenge was that in the photo, they both were wearing masks since it was taken during COVID. So I had to recreate the missing parts of their faces.

Another challenge was that he wanted to keep the type on her hat that read "Hooray, I rocked the first day of PRE-K". So I painted the area with black acrylic first and painted over it with the red oil paint color of the hat. Then using my handy dandy wipe out tool, I "lifted up" the red paint to reveal the black underneath. Not sure how else I would have been able to do this without this technique.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...