Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Abstract #2


Looking Down
Oil with a palette knife on canvas paper
8" x 8"
Click on the image to enlarge
SOLD

This is my entry to the latest challenge from Karin Jurick's blog, Different Strokes from Different Folks. Like the last challenge, I was trying to paint just the shapes I saw to keep it as abstract as I could. The photo was full of straight lines and angles-difficult to achieve with a palette knife, so I told myself that they didn't need to be perfectly straight and to just let go and had fun. This was the first time I painted while looking at the image projected on my computer screen. In the past I have printed out a color copy and painted from that. I'm curious what others artist do. Do you print out Karin's photo or do you project in on your computer or do you use some other method?

3 comments:

Becky Drees said...

Ann-This knocks me out! Can't even IMAGINE doing this challenge with a palette knife. Awesome!

dominique eichi said...

What a fabulous job you did with the palette knife. I'm impressed.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I am so impressed with what you have done here. This was difficult to do with paintbrushes - I can not even imagine how difficult it would be with a painting knife! Kudos!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...