Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Catalog fun

This was just a fun Photoshop experiment. I took images of two of my paintings with their frames and wanted to see how they would look in different rooms and settings. So I found some interior shots from online catalogs and practiced my Photoshop skills by placing my images within them. Magic!


Majestic Pine
12" x 12"
Oil with a palette knife on canvas
$300 framed



Shady Maple
12" x 12"
Oil with a palette knife on canvas
$300 framed


Trees in the family room.


Trees in the living room.


Trees in the bedroom.
And if you haven't yet seen this blog called Catalog Living, you have to check out the adventures of Gary and Elaine as they tell their story through catalog photos. It's hysterical.

7 comments:

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

nice trees-they look great everywhere:)

Roberta Warshaw said...

That is a funny blog! I am cracking up!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Ok, that is amazing! I had to take a creative suite class for school and I can't do any of that. The trees are awesome too!

Autumn Leaves said...

Gorgeous paintings and I love them best in the living room! Catalog living? LOL Already scares me!

www.arbeitgeberzuschussprivatekrankenversicherung.com said...

The combination is very good. The furniture looks really great, nice combination and materials. Getting this on your house, its defentlly a good choice.

Bill Fogle said...

Fun exercise Ann! That's unusually wise for an artist to think about the ultimate destination of his or her work. I'm glad I sent you that photo of you painting in our place. Environment is (almost) everything!

--"Wind Liz" (my word verification for this post)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...