Friday, June 3, 2011

Sheep's clothing

Here's 2 Ewe
8" by 8"
Oil with a palette knife on cradled panel
NFS

I needed a lighthearted subject to paint during class last night and the cute face of the sheep in this photo was just inviting me to paint it. The textures of the hay, barn, and the sheep's fleece were great fun to paint with the palette knife and this worked up rather quickly for me. You can't really see it in this image, but I used a combination of many colors on my palette to create the deep dark interior of the barn to give it interest and depth.

Don't they look like fun company for lunch?

A few chunky delicious close ups....


3 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

You are amazing with a palette knife!!

Autumn Leaves said...

I can't tell what I like best on this piece. The lamb's fleece is amazing looking and so spot on. But then so is the hay! Your last line threw me for a second. I thought you said don't they look fun to have for lunch!!! (Gasp! Choke!!)

Selah Gay said...

Oh how I love texture! Beautiful work! So glad I happened upon your beautiful blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...