Monday, March 10, 2014

The Red Inn in winter

The Red Inn in Winter
6" by 18" by 2"
Oil with a palette knife on Ampersand cradled gessobord
SOLD

Donna sent me a photo that her husband took with their new Android tablet of the Red Inn this past winter. I had been wanting to do a winter version of the inn, so their photo was the perfect inspiration to get one painted.

I love this new size I am trying out from Ampersand. It is a smaller version of the long horizontal size (which was 12" by 36") that I've used for the other Red Inn paintings that I have done in the past. It was quite a challenge to get some of the details in this smaller size. While, I am not a fan of winter, this was quite enjoyable due to the holiday lights and such that I could paint into the scene.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...