Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

What a beautiful Easter weekend we had here in New England. Much deserved after the horrible rains and flooding we've had in March. Last Friday, I had a wonderful conversation with my good friend Joan. She posted a photo of a charm on her blog that looked so professional and so I asked her about what kind of camera she had. She told me she took it using the Macro Zoom feature on her digital camera. She gets in really close, like 1/4" away from the subject, and then points her finger where she wants the camera to focus in the photo before she shoots-you know, how you hold the button down halfway to focus before shooting?

I remembered seeing that Macro Zoom feature on my camera so I couldn't wait to try the technique out for myself on this amazing bouquet of yellow roses we purchased at Costco last week. (Yes- purchased last week and still opening bright, brilliant, sunny yellow. My favorite color next to red.)  I think this feature probably works best in the daytime, but I wanted to give it a try just using the existing light in the room. Cameras are really incredible these days, aren't they?

5 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Just looking at this warms the heart! Beautiful shot of this gorgeous rose.

Autumn Leaves said...

A most fabulous photograph, Ann. I love the light coming through the petals. Are you done with your old photographs series for good now?

Ralph said...

I really do like this and if it is a first attempt at macro shooting well done keep at it. That picture would make a lovely subject for a painting.

Ann Gorbett said...

Thanks all, and Sherry-no, I am not done with my paintings from family photographs. Lots still in the hopper and am looking forward to painting yours. Still crammin' and jammin' for our show in June!

martinealison said...

Merci pour cette rose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...