Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Urban Canyon


Urban Canyon
Oil with a palette knife on cradled artist board
12" x 9" x 1.5"
SOLD

I've been wanting to paint some more city scenes of Boston and last Thursday in my painting class, Frank gave me a photo he had taken in downtown Boston. I had been wondering what I was going to paint that night, and well, problem solved. His photo had a lot of great qualities-good light, space and perspective, and windows galore. I think I may have gotten caught up in all those windows, but it was great fun. A palette knife challenge for sure.

3 comments:

Ann Rogers said...

You had the patience of Job with this one! Such great texture and the perspective is right on!

Autumn Leaves said...

Well, you certainly rose to the occasion, Ann! I think this is now my NEW favorite cityscape of your's! Didn't think that could happen but this is so realistic (the windows did it!); fabulous!!

martinealison said...

Votre peinture me fait penser à celle du peintre français Cottavoz
http://images.google.fr/images?q=cottavoz&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=iWW3S47WLtCy4Qa_9_y4Dg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCQQsAQwAw
J'aime beaucoup...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...