Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our house is ready for summer!


Our House in Summer
Oil with a palette knife on unstretched canvas
6" x 8"
Click on the image to enlarge
NFS

This past weekend was an amazing taste of summer in New England. It hit 90 degrees on Sunday. We were lovin' it. It inspired us to wash the deck, unload the deck furniture out of the shed, and get set up for the business of summer.

I did a quick patch job of two different photos here cuz I wanted to get in the thermometer that was reading almost 90. Despite the heat during the day, it cooled down enough in the evening for us to fire up the chiminea for it's inaugural burn.

I JUST LOVE SUMMER!

8 comments:

Nan Johnson said...

Love your painting of the house - yes, ready for summer. I know exactly what that is all about - we have a vacation home in the Adirondacks, and this past weekend we started to get ready too! Love your deck, it is so inviting. We haven't done our inaugural burn in our chiminea yet, but we did have our annual fire down at the lake side that evening. I love the summers too!

martinealison said...

Very beautiful house Ann i can see with your photo and in your lovely painting. I love the harmony of colors... Very good work.
best regards.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

What a beautiful painting of your home! I love the flag, too!!!
You have a great back deck, I am sure a lot of good times are had out there.

Autumn Leaves said...

Your home is beautiful, Ann! 'Course, that may be your beautiful painting talking, but I doubt it! I've always wanted a chiminea. 90? Ugh...Those kinds of days are why I am not a fan of summer and will be what has me longing for autumn, winter, or spring again! LOL

SchnauzerMom said...

Lovely painting. It does remind me of the early part of summer. Once the temp gets around 100 or more then I'm ready for fall.

Kim Morin Weineck said...

I agree---summertime is the best!

txartist62 said...

beautiful annie (the painting and your lovely deck :) wow! 90 huh? sounds more like Texas temps! :) hope all is well!

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

Love the painting, very New england. Thanks for the blog link. Very funny cats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...