Monday, April 18, 2011

Pick me up


Tiramisu For You
8" x 6"
Oil with a palette knife on canvas
SOLD

I was searching for the meaning of the word Tiramisu in Italian. I liked "pick me up" the best because that's what this little dessert will do for you. Light and spongy and chocolaty goodness all in one. I tried several colors for the bottom of this painting but they all seemed to be competing with the beauty of the dark chocolate so I settled on a subtle color. I also obliterated the shadow for the same reason. Now it kind of looks like its sitting on a shiny surface. Which I don't really mind too much.

5 comments:

نوار السنيد said...

Tiramisu means in Italian, with food gods ..:) Wonderful piece of art

Roberta Warshaw said...

mmmm....Do I see a Finale pastry here?

It turned out so well. Your food paintings are really lovely.

Gail Sauter said...

Hmmmm... a new Thiebaud is on the scene!

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh wow! Yummy and one of my favorite desserts when done well! Love hearing your thoughts too, Angela. By the way...I think I need to pick up some palette knives for my next piece. Yes indeedy...

Ann Gorbett said...

Thanks all for the correct translation...the Thiebaud compliment...recognizing the Finale pastry...and for wanting to pick up palette knives... all good stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...