Saturday, April 20, 2013

We have our city back!

Trinity Church, Boston
6" by 8"
Oil with a palette knife on canvas board
SOLD

I am so thankful to everyone that helped to get our city back yesterday. What a week it has been. We can now properly grieve for those that were lost and pray for the recovery of those that were critically injured.

Last week, I was sent a 6" by 8" Raymar canvas board from the Zullo Gallery in Medfield and asked to paint the subject of my choosing which would then be sold at their Annual Art Festival to raise money for renovations and improvements for this non profit gallery. While looking through my photos trying to envision what I wanted to paint, I came across a close up photo I had taken of Trinity Church, an iconic image in Boston, which is located right in the heart of Back Bay and knew that it what I wanted to paint.

It makes me feel very proud of the beautiful city I call home.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Beautiful painting Ann. I to am glad yesterday is over and we can try to heal.

Brocha Teichman Fine Art said...

This is absolutely fabulous Ann!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...