Thursday, October 9, 2014

A New Commission-St Stephens in the North End

St. Stephens Church, North End, Boston
20" x 16"
Oil with a palette knife on board
SOLD

Chris and Lynne saw some of my Boston paintings at The Artists Studio an Gallery at Patriot Place and asked if I would paint a piece for them of this beautiful church where they got married. They were lucky enough to also have lived around the corner from this church on Clark Street in the North End of Boston. I hope that the painting will continue to be a wonderful reminder of the great memories they shared there.

Here are some photos I took along the way that shows you how I started and then moved through the painting in sections to completion.




1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Really stunningly beautiful, Ann. I love how you managed that gold cap on the tower. I studied and studied for future reference. One day I have to visit Boston!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...