Monday, December 8, 2014

A new family portrait commission

Meg's Family
9" x 12" x 1.5"
Oil with a palette knife on cradled Blick Studio Artist Board
SOLD

My sister asked if I would paint this for her boss who is leaving her position to go back to teaching this year. What a good looking family, huh? I love that the dog is looking at them instead of the camera. Too funny. Apparently they take the same family picture every year.

I painted the faces first since I knew that would be the toughest part to get right. I remembered to take a photo of it before I completed it the next day. I think it looks kind of interesting with just the five heads floating on the orange background.

My sister plans to give it to her this week. Hope she likes it!



1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

You did a masterful job, Ann! Is this done completely with a palette knife? Amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...