Monday, August 14, 2017

Jo Ann's Flowers

Jo Ann's Flowers
Approx 12" x 16"
Oil with a palette knife on loose canvas
SOLD

We've had our art gallery at Patriot Place for about 6 years now. Each week Jo Ann, the wife of one of our anchor artists, Frank, provides the gallery with a bright spot of color with fresh flowers displayed in a variety of unique vases from her collection. It's it always so interesting to see what she brings to the table-literally! The inspiration for this painting was from her latest arrangement that was at the gallery the last weekend that I was working there. I was so attracted to the complimentary colors of blue and orange, it was just calling to be painted.

And-we have some BIG NEWS that our gallery is moving to a bigger space within Patriot Place! I will post some photos of the new space once we move in next week and get settled, but I'll have to get busy painting since we've got a lot more wall space to cover.

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Great job on the transparency of the blue glass and I love the pink and orange together in the Alstroemerias.
I love to hear about a gallery moving to a larger space. So many have closed down in Santa Fe. yes...good news indeed. Get painting!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Hi Ann, I was so sure I had commented on how much I liked this piece.
I was showing it to a friend of mine who also really loved the way you added the warm oranges and the cool pink in the flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...