Friday, September 20, 2019

Pepe's and progress

Lunch at Pepe’s Wharf
18” x 24”
Oil with a palette knife on cradled panel
SOLD

This is one of our favorite spots to have lunch in Ptown, Pepe's Wharf. It has an amazing view of the water and also amazing drinks. One of my personal favorites is the negroni. I added a few negronis into the painting for fun. Can you spot them?

I like to think of this painting as a modern day "Lucheon of the Boating Party" by Auguste Renoir. Kind of fun, right?

I took some progress shots along the way. There was a lot of detail in this image so just like Renoir's painting, it took several sessions to complete.




 And I also took some close ups so you can see the texture and details.





While summer is winding down here in New England, I like to look at this painting and anticipate being out there again next summer for a cocktail and delicious lunch.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...