Thursday, April 23, 2020

Summer Shade

Shadowcaster
18" x 24"
Oil with palette knives on Ampersand Gessobord
SOLD

I've always loved this white house on Commercial Street in Provincetown and have been wanting to paint it for awhile now. On one of our day trips to Provincetown I captured this beautiful light and the tree casting its shadows upon the house with my camera and I knew that this was going to be a painting some day. That day is here.

As usual, I started with the most important part-the house.

Then I painted the sky and the tree.
And last, the hedges and fence in the front.

I always leave one of the bottom corners for last so that I can add my signature using my paint eraser/wipe out tool while the paint is still wet.

1 comment:

Danielle C. said...

This is beautiful and I love you sharing your process! Beautiful sky and details. Love the tree!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...