Friday, July 30, 2021

New painting from the family album

New Dolls From Peeps

16" x 16" x 2"

Oil with palette knives on Ampersand Gessobord

Available


I love doing paintings inspired from old family photos. This painting was done from a black and white snapshot in my family's photo album. That's me and my sisters with our grandfather who we call Peeps.

I love how the dolls all have blonde hair even though my sisters and I are all brunettes. Do you think all dolls had blonde hair back then, or did we all just wish we had blonde hair back then?

Here are some process shots I took along the way.




I really like how this looks with just the people painted in and the background still in sketch form. I thought about leaving it like this but then was excited to paint the details in the background. Maybe next time, I'll experiment with doing a painting like this where part of the picture is left unpainted with just the sketch showing. What do you think?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...