Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Curious Seal II


 Curious Seal II

12" x 12"

Acrylic pour (background) Oil with palette knives (seal)

Thomas saw my painting Curious Seal that is hanging at Cafe Heaven in Provincetown and he said it always makes him smile whenever.  He asked me if I would paint another one for him.

I used a different technique for this painting. Instead of using palette knives for the water background, I used a technique of pouring acrylic paints (about 5-6 colors) and just let it do its thing...swirling left to right to create the feeling of the water. Then I finished it off by painting the seal's face with my usual palette knife technique.

I let the acrylic colors drip off the sides which you can see here in these side photos.



Here is a link to the first painting I did which shows a little more of the process. https://anngorbett.blogspot.com/2022/02/larger-seal-paint-pour.html



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...