Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Larger Seal paint pour

Curious Seal

12" x 12"

Palette knife oil on acrylic pour

SOLD

On view at Cafe Heaven in Provincetown

I posted earlier about a smaller 6x8 "test run" version of this painting. Click here to see that version. I finally got around to painting the larger version. This was a fun experiment using acrylic paint pour technique to create the ocean background and then painting the seal on top using my palette knives with oils.

Here is a photo showing my process. I had about 7 or 8 different colors of acrylic paint and it was quite messy. I let the paint drip down the sides but kept some of the orange ground color showing which I thought was a nice contrast to the blues.

And here is a link to video I posted on Instagram that shows how it turned out. I am quite pleased with the result but not sure if I'd do this again as it was quite a messy endeavor. https://www.instagram.com/p/CZuVRmbpTIW/






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...