Friday, May 15, 2009

En plein air in Walpole

Last weekend, our art instructor Kim Morin Weineck arranged a painting workshop in Walpole center. We all met at the revitalized fountain that was completed last year. We were hoping that the water would be flowing, but alas there are a few leaks to repair first so no spouting turtles to paint. Ah well. 

Here is Polo busy working on his painting using acrylics. You can see Nancy in the background working on her painting.
And here is Kim working on a wonderful pastel. Check out the cool gadget she has to hold her pastel in place.
This was the first time I painted really large with a palette knife. It was an interesting experience, a little intimidating and frustrating because I wanted to cover more ground faster than I was able to. I should have brought the bigger palette knives I just bought recently-d'oh. Here is my painting at the end of the day. Still needs some work, but eventually got it to a point that I liked what was happening. 

Here is a photo from where I was painting. I'll need to use this as I work to finish my painting.

And finally, here is photo of everyone's paintings at critique time. A wonderful variety of compositions and styles.
It was a great day. Thanks Kim. We had a little bit of everything weather-wise and onlooker-wise but all in all a great day and surprisingly exhausting. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...