Sunday, May 10, 2009

Momma Me-a

As a tribute to my mother on mother's day, I wanted to post some paintings I did from old photos I had of her.

My mother's side of the family had a farm in Ohio, and this first image is of my mother, probably in her early 20's, standing in front of the barn. I loved her red plain dress and the glasses.

My mother also was an avid golfer. This second painting was a composite of several images I found from a trip she, my father, and some friends took to Spain.

I think the man on the left was their caddy. I'd like to be there right now, wouldn't you? (TIP: speaking from experience, Mother's Day is a great day to get a tee time on the golf course! You will practically have the course to yourself.)

Have a great day and I hope you are doing something you enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pun-ny title, Ann! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...