Monday, September 22, 2014

Good Morning again


Good Morning, Cape Cod II
6" x 8"
Oil with a palette knife on canvas board
SOLD

A patron at The Red Inn saw the first painting I did of this sunrise with a SOLD sign on it and loved it so much that they requested to have another one painted for them. When someone commissions a painting I have done before, I often struggle with whether I should look my original source to paint it or from an image of the previous painting. I find I have more success if I work like it's the first time I'm doing it, by looking at my original source material. It is then interesting to look at the two side by side to see how I made decisions the same or differently.

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

so gorgeous! CONGRATS!

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful and can see why this scene has been a popular seller for you. I also love the charcoal work below...the one with the subject leaning just reminds me of old masters' work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...