Friday, July 19, 2013

Take a peek into the Back Bay of Boston

A Peek Into Back Bay
9" by 12" by .75"
Oil with a palette knife on Blick Studio Artist's Board

I took the reference photo for this painting over a year ago and have always had it on my list to paint. Its turn finally came up last week. I completed this in two sessions. Here was the painting after the first session:

That's my orange wash that you see underneath but it kind of looks like Boston is on fire doesn't it? Well today it's going to be 100 degrees here and it will feel like it's on fire too!

And finally, I took some chunky delicious closeups shots so you can see the texture of the paint up close. These look like cute little paintings themselves don't they?



 








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...