Monday, January 23, 2023

Pickled red onions as Christmas gifts

Pickled Red Onion Tags

Approx. 2" x 4"

Oil with palette knives on board

Not for sale

I'm still catching up on my Christmas posts! I painted these tags as gifts for my art pals. I love pickled red onions and the pinkish red color is just right as a gift for the holidays. I actually used the onions as my models for each painting before they got cut up to pickle.

I put the onions in these cute jars I purchased at Michael's and then added the ribbons and tiny forks to each one. 



Here is how the group looked all together. I'm really happy with how they came out-I might post these images on Pinterest. I found tons of recipes for pickled red onions on Pinterest, but I don't think anyone else has thought to give them as homemade gifts like this for Christmas.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...