Saturday, November 28, 2009

Support local artists this holiday season



This coming Friday, December 4, Custom Art Framing & Gallery 9 in Norwood is having a Shop Til You Drop event from 6-10pm with wine, cheese, and socializing. I can't think of a better way to shop-I mean who else is doing that? If the mere thought of going to a mall makes you sweat with anxiety and dread (like me) why not support your local businesses and artisans by buying unique gifts for everyone on your list?  I can't think of a better, more meaningful way to deck the halls.

Yesterday I visited the gallery to have some framing done and drop off a few smaller pieces. I took a few shots of some of my paintings that are hanging there. The ones seen here are from my Family Album series, as well as two of my tree paintings. All done with a palette knife, of course. It always makes me feel so proud to see them. What a terrific job Julie has done transforming her new location into a wonderful shop.



2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a great little shop, Ann. I'd be proud too, were I you. Your works look so lovely as they are displayed!

Greg Parks said...

Thanks Ann!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...