Thursday, August 5, 2010

Great esCape

Cape Escape
Oil with a palette knife on artist board
8" x 8"
SOLD

I finally took a break from the sun and surf to do some plein air painting while on vacation. What wonderful weather we have had this week so far. I included some more photos to give you a sense of our quintessential cape surroundings.The place we rented is right near the path to the beach. People leave their wagons and other things while they carry their beach gear down the stairs. Our place is to my left.
While I was inside taking a lunch break, some onlookers stopped to take a peak at my progress.
I hope to get some more painting time in. Today is a little rainy but we're going to try to get 9 holes of golf in later this afternoon. I do not want this week to be over!!

3 comments:

myra anderson said...

beautiful!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Great textures with the knife - this is lovely!

Autumn Leaves said...

This is beautiful, Ann. What a great title too! You look so cute out there in the yard. And why am I suddenly craving cake, hmmm??? Really a most gorgeous piece! My husband comes in my art room every single day and comments on my beautiful Christmas painting, by the way. Hard not to just keep looking at it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...