Tuesday, April 5, 2011

La Violinista

Solo
10" x 8"
Oil with a palette knife on canvas
SOLD

Back in January, I wrote about a trip we made to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York during which we enjoyed wonderful music on the mezzanine. This is my attempt at painting the talented violinist after being inspired by the beautiful painting of Paganini by Eugene Delacroix. You can see that post as well as his painting, but clicking here.

I painted this on a sheet of canvas from Fredrix. I like to paint on these sheets occasionally because my strokes are not confined by the end of the panel and then in the end I can crop it any way I want. I was thinking of cropping in on her to make it more of a vertical composition like this. What do you think?
And here is a close up...

3 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I love those deep, dark background colors. So rich and yummy.....

martinealison said...

Une belle oeuvre qui m'enchante...
bisous

Autumn Leaves said...

Another wonderful piece, Ann! I am just loving the rich background you chose for her; it allows the violinist to be the star and highlights her exquisitely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...