Monday, May 30, 2011

A smart place to eat lunch



Maproom Cafe, BPL

20" by 20"
Oil with a palette knife on panel
$500 framed

I love to go to the Boston Public Library at lunch time, especially when the weather is nice and you can enjoy a sandwich out in the beautiful courtyard. This lunchspot indoors, The Maproom, is a wonderful alternative should the weather outside not be so nice. I love the feel of this room with it's beautiful tile ceiling and large windows. This painting is large for me and I painted it while we were working at the Art Gallery at Patriot Place last weekend. You can see an update on our weekend by checking out that blog.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a gorgeous painting and such a glorious room! I love old libraries such as this. That curved ceiling is amazing and I am wondering if it is painted in reality? There is just something timeless and awe inspiring for me with the smells of old books, the quiet, the knowledge that dwells within...

J.L.Decker said...

Came across your sight over coffee this morning! Love your style!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...