Monday, April 16, 2012

Provincetown at sunset

Provincetown at Sunset
9" x 12" by 3/4"
Oil with a palette knife on cradled artist board
SOLD

I took this photo of Ptown at sunset and I really loved the glow of the buildings and sky. I painted more texture and waves in the water at first, then I thought it was getting too fussy so I scraped it off. I liked what was left so I let it be. Interesting how that those accidents can happen sometimes.

While I didn't use an underpainting this time, I did sketch the buildings in with an orange/red color and left some of it show through.The birds were a last addition to help to draw you into the scene.

More Ptown to come...

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

A stunning piece, Ann. Your eye for landscapes and cityscapes and seascapes is just exquisite. I'm drooling over "The Stepsisters" in the thumbnail as I type.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...