Monday, May 21, 2012

Seeing Red

The Red Inn, Provincetown
12" x 36"x 2"
Oil with a palette knife on Ampersand Gessobord
SOLD

I painted this while working at the Art Gallery at Patriot Place this past weekend. The weather was beautiful here in New England and the gallery had a steady flow of visitors. It's interesting how you get used to painting with all the interruptions. In a way it's a good thing because it forces you to step away from your painting for awhile and then come back with fresh eyes. It's also so interesting to hear comments from the gallery visitors while you are working. One man said, "It makes me feel like I am right there, in the car, just driving by..." I loved that. It is also fun to watch the kids (usually young budding artists themselves) as they stare in amazement at your painting. So cute.

Frank sent me this funny photo he took as I was trying to take a photo of this painting at the gallery.



Below is a photo of the painting in progress after Saturday's shift. I then finished it up on Sunday and remembered to bring my bigger palette knives which helped make the job easier. You can also see here that I used the red orange underpainting again.

And if you ever get to Provincetown, you need to stop in at this place, The Red Inn. Spectacular views, food, and hospitality.


2 comments:

martinealison said...

Une merveilleuse publication... Je suis heureuse que vous ayez partager des bons moments... Il est bon d'entendre les réflexions des gens...
Merci de nous montrer la progression de votre travail.
gros bisous

Autumn Leaves said...

Boy, Ann! This is just so very beautiful and what a stunning format for it. You know I always love your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...