Monday, May 14, 2012

A wee cottage

Iota Cottage, Provincetown
8" x 6"
Oil with a palette knife on canvas
SOLD

This painting started out as a completely different painting of a completely different house. It was never quite jelling, so in a moment of frustration, I scraped it all off.  I then quickly switched to painting a different house on top of the ghosted remains of the old one and forced myself to keep it loose.  In the uncropped image below, you can see evidence of the underscraping (I think I just coined a new art term). I'm not quite sure how you could frame this but it is interesting to see the edges.

Oh-and in case you're interested, this home is currently for sale. It's a 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 3 room home for the wee price of $599,000.

3 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Real Estate on the cape is just nuts!

Nice painting though!

martinealison said...

Une très jolie peinture... J'aime les nuances de couleurs et votre touche.
gros bisous

Autumn Leaves said...

It is a delightful little cottage indeed. That said, the price is so far out of my league it isn't funny!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...