Thursday, June 26, 2014

Start of a new series based on family photos

Mommy and Me
24" x 6" x 2"
Oil with a palette knife on Ampersand Gessobord
SOLD

I am really excited to start a new series of paintings based on some old family photos. I painted this one this past weekend and I have 5 others planned, prepped, and ready to go. It's been awhile since the last series and I am so anxious to get them all done. I also love this unique size from Ampersand. All the paintings in the series won't be this size, but I may have to purchase a few more because this was so much fun.

Here are a few close up shots that show the color and the texture of the palette knife a little better.





6 comments:

Hallie Kohn said...

LOVE this Ann! You're right, the size looks so cool! Good work~~Hallie

Kim Vanlandingham said...

You are amazing with a palette knife! Love, love, love this!

Terri Schmitt said...

Ann, This is lovely. So sweet! Thank you for sharing. I have a photo from 40 years ago that I would like to do something with! I look forward to seeing the rest of your series. Terri

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Oh MY! This is wonderful. Love both the subject and the way it is painted,

Autumn Leaves said...

Ann! I so love when you work from old photos, drawing and painting alike! The textures are just amazing in this piece, love the unique size substrate and I do love her bathing suit too! (Mommy's that is!)

Ann Gorbett said...

Thanks everyone! I am excited about this series. It's going to be fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...