Monday, February 10, 2020

Thor and Loki at the Public Garden

Thor and Loki
9" x 12" x 1.5"
Oil with a palette knife on Ampersand Gessobord

These two Sharpei cuties are residents of Boston and like to hang out at the Boston Public Garden. I had done a painting of Thor on the beach previously but now Thor has a new sibling, Loki to share his escapades with so Hercules wanted me to paint a new painting of both of them together.

Here are a few shots I took along the way to show the process and the progress. I always start with  the most important thing, the subjects, then work my way out from there adding more details along the way as needed.


Notice that I left a little orange corner unpainted in the bottom left. Do you know why? That's where my signature goes so I leave a space to carve out my initials at the very end.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...