Monday, September 21, 2020

Another painting from the family album


Cocktail Hour, 1971
Oil with a palette knife on Ampersand Gessobord
16" x 16" x 2"

I have returned to paintings inspired from old family photographs and enjoying it so much. This one is of my mother (in the middle) at what looks to be a holiday cocktail party at our house with a few of her neighbor friends. I don't know the exact date so took a stab at the year. 

This was my set up at the gallery at Patriot Place. You can see that I have the photo up on my iPad as well as a color copy printed out at the size I am painting. I have taped the outside edges so it will leave a nice clean edge for adding the photo border and date at the end.


And here are some progress shots I took along the way as well as some detailed close ups.







Thanks for taking a look!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...