Sunday, May 23, 2021

Cape Cod Cottage

Little Yellow Cottage
12" x 16"
Oil with palette knives on cradled board
SOLD

Last month, I was asked to do a palette knife painting demo for the Foxboro Art Association. They hold their meetings outdoors at Gillette Stadium which was convenient for me since it's where the Artist's Studio and Gallery is located. 

I've always loved this little cottage on Commercial Street in Provincetown and have been wanting to paint it, so I decided this would be my subject. Besides, summer is coming right? So why not get us all in the mood for a little Cade Cod getaway.

Here are a few snaps from the demo. It was a little windy, but my plein air easel held strong and I persevered! We even saw a couple of bald eagles fly over the stadium. Pretty cool.


Here is how far I got after the meeting was over. I finished it up the next day at the gallery.


1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Une très belle peinture... J'aime beaucoup la lumière qui l'illumine...
Cape Cod est un lieu fantastique... J'ai la chance d'y avoir mon travail exposé dans l'une de ses galeries. A chaque fois que je m'y suis rendue, ce fut un enchantement.
Gros bisous à vous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...