Friday, August 6, 2021

A sweet new pet portrait


Austin and Alyssa

8" x 8"

Oil with palette knives on cradled board

Alyssa came in to the gallery at Patriot Place while I was painting there a few weeks ago. She was with her brother and they were strolling around the gallery looking at all of our work. I asked her "What brings you to Patriot Place today?" She said, "I'm trying to get my mind off of things. I just lost my dog today." Then she asked if I painted pictures for people from their photographs and I said yes and showed her some of my work.

She left to think about it and then 5 minutes later returned to commission a painting of her and her dog, Austin. She loved this image because he used to sit on her lap with his back paws on her legs like this. It was a very special bond they had so this pose means a lot to her. 

She hung the painting at the top of her stairs so that she can walk by it every day and be reminded of her best friend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...