Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Celebrating 2021: The Hawthorne Barn, morning session

Still-life with Orange

Approx 12" x 16"

Oil with palette knives on canvas

Happy New Year! I wanted to take some time at the start of this new year to celebrate a few things that I am thankful for from last year. This first post is about a one day workshop led by the artist John Clayton that Polo and I attended in October. It took place at the historic Hawthorne Barn in Provincetown MA, where the Charles Hawthorne and the Cape Cod School of Art used to hold classes back in the day. This has been on my bucket list for awhile now, and this is the first time I've been able to participate so I jumped at the chance. 

Here are a few images from the morning session where we all painted different still lifes that John set up for us.

Here is John giving us a demo.
This is a pano view of the entire room.
The final paintings.
A few of the other still life set ups.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...