Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Old Colony Tap in Provincetown

Afternoon at the Old Colony Tap

Approx 8.5" x 11"

Oil on rough wood board 

This painting depicts the interior of an iconic staple in Provincetown on Commercial Street called The Old Colony Tap. Since we had never been inside before, we decided to stop in for a quick beer on a hot afternoon during one of our last visits to Ptown. A place that locals have hung out for years, the history on the walls (and ceiling) of this place is priceless.

The rough wood surface I used for this painting is from Michaels Arts and Crafts store. I've used this surface before on a couple of previous paintings. I think it gives the painting a rustic feel that goes well with the subject matter. 

This painting was difficult to photograph due to its rough edge and darker colors. The photo above is a little light/blown out. Here is another image I took that is a little too dark.

I think this photo below I took while it was still in progress shows the color best. 







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...