Friday, January 14, 2011

School picture

This was by far the most difficult of my drawings for the Boys and Girls Sketchbook. I think because it was the only one that was a true portrait. I wanted to give it a try because it is such a cute photo of my stepdaughter, Ariana, and school pictures are such a classic part of growing up. I kept reworking it because it never really felt like it resembled her enough-which is always more difficult when you know the person so well. I admire portrait artist so much more after attempting this drawing.

I've posted 4 versions of it that I scanned after trying "just one thing..." (I even tried drawing upside down!) The last one is where I am now. Still not completely satisfied, but will need to hang it up soon as the deadline is approaching and it must get into the mail.

Ari 1
Ari 2

Ari 3

Ari 4

Next step is to show it to her dad and see if he "approves".

I will continue to post the final drawings here on my blog as well as on the Sketchbook Project website.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...