Sunday, January 16, 2011

Flower interruption

I interrupt the Sketchbook Project postings with a little bit of color. While the pencil drawings have been so much fun, I will be excited to get back to being productive with the knives again.

Roses
6" by 6" or so
Oil with a palette knife on canvas

SOLD
I plan to crop this painting as shown above to the 6" by 6" size but below is how it looked before I cropped it. It's interesting how you can be a little freer to paint "outside the lines" this way since it's on canvas paper and not on a precut board.


And here is a chunky delicious close up.

I hope that cheers you up on a cold winter day.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Cheers me indeed! Beautiful!

martinealison said...

Un bouquet de bonheur... Bisous

Anonymous said...

Loved this one. Want to see more floral arrangements from you. Maybe I'll bring some flowers to class and we can do some work from life!

Up for that challenge?

Poeta!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

New to your wonderful blog. I love the swirls and colors in your flowers. Really well done. I will be back for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...