Sunday, December 11, 2011

Decorating for the holidays



These Three Stars

3" by 4"
Oil with a palette knife on canvas
NFS

A tiny challenge in neutral colors.

This weekend we finally are able to decorate the house for Christmas. Tree...check, stockings...check, wreathe...check. I am actually in the spirit already which is unusual. I just really hate the crowds and the malls. I just wish there wasn't that buying and gift giving pressure every year. The holidays would be just fine without it in my opinion.

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Une bien belle décoration... gros bisous

Roberta Warshaw said...

I love the simplicity of this piece.

I too hate all the pressure of buying shopping. It makes me not want to leave the house! But I do and buy......I will feel guilty if I don't. Meh.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I love gift giving for the holidays. It is the one time of year when I really love to shop. With internet shopping, I don't have to leave the house and I love thinking about what to get everyone. I still have all the anticipation of childhood but now it is for giving gifts instead of getting them. I get so darned excited!! I love this little painting, Ann. It is beautiful!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Love the painting! I know what you mean about the holidays. My guy and I have set a really low price limit for our gifts. Now it's more like a scavenger hunt to find something cool within the budget. It makes it fun. Merry Christmas!

jessika said...

this is cute.....like your work.

elena nuez said...

looooove your artworks!!!
congrats and greetings from Madrid,
elena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...