Sunday, January 11, 2009

Painting stages

I completed this painting last year for my sister and I remembered to stop and take a few photos of the various stages as I was painting. This was painted from an old family photograph when we were living in Jacksonville Florida. And of course, using only a palette knife. This first photo shows the sketch stage. The second image was taken about halfway through the process and the third image is the final painting. If you click on the third image, it will enlarge the photo so you can really see the detail.

3 comments:

txartist62 said...

you are so talented gorbuns :) so glad you gave me your new blog info in your 'new years' card :) i absolutely LOVE the palette knife paintings - wish i could find a place around me to take a workshop! (which one are you, by the way? the little one sitting on the wall? or in your dad's arms? :)

nancyrosetta said...

I really love the progress pictures!
It's exciting to see a painting in stages like these, I hope you post more like this!

Ann Gorbett said...

Hey-is that you Bert? I'm glad you found me. I am the one in my dad's arms. Lyn is sitting on the wall and Cathy is standing. I hope Texas is treating you well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...