Monday, April 7, 2014

Reframing earlier works

Nantucket Lanterns
Oil with a palette knife on panel
8" x 8"
NFS

Vangy recently emailed me to see if I would be able to donate a painting for The Childrens' Advocacy Center of Bristol County Fundraiser next month. So this painting will be up for auction on Saturday May 3. I recently had it reframed through Franken Frames. It's interesting to take a look at reframing pieces sometimes. It can give them new life. 

Tree Bouquet
Oil with a palette knife on panel
8" x 10"
SOLD


I also gave this painting a new life with a frame purchased at Custom Art Framing and Gallery 9 in Norwood. Julie helped me pick out this frame which I think really brings out the best in the painting. I painted this plein air while visiting a fellow artist's place on Lake Pearl. See photos from that adventure by visiting the original post here.

Do you have an older painting that could use a new life? I'd love to hear about your favorite places to buy custom and ready made frames.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh both of these are just beautiful! And I love how a frame can add to the beauty of a painting. My favorite place to get frames and mats are from PictureFrames.com. I've never had a problem with anything that I've ordered from them, unless I screwed up my measurements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...