Thursday, March 31, 2022

New commission: Entering Hull

Entering Hull
16" x 16" x 1.5"
Oil with palette knives on Ampersand Gessobord

Jennifer saw a group of my Entering sign paintings hanging at the Art Gallery at Patriot Place and asked me if I had ever painted Entering Hull. I said I hadn't but that I would gladly paint one for her. So Polo and I took a drive down to the town of Hull (south of Boston) to get a photo of the sign as well as some of the beach she suggested for the background, Gun Rock Beach, where she and her friends like to hang out in the summer.

Here is a photo I took of the painting with just the sign finished. I like the short name and all caps type of this sign. The size of the type for EST and 1644 was also larger than the other ones I've painted, making it a bit easier to paint with my knives.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...