Tuesday, March 29, 2022

A new Red Inn interior


Fireside Chat at the Red Inn

Approx 9" x 12"

Oil with palette knives on rough wood panel

SOLD

I found some rough wood boards with the bark still intact at Michaels Arts and Crafts and it inspired a painting idea. I wanted to retain the wood grain and texture so I treated the surface with a couple of coats of clear gesso. This allowed me to let some of the natural wood grain show in the final painting. 

I chose a cozy interior of the Red Inn's front entry. It has a unique brick fireplace and warm leather furniture. There is usually a large painting or two hanging on the wall room, so I thought I'd paint a teeny tiny version of my Red Inn painting on the wall.

Here is a photo I took after I had competed the fireplace and the windows.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...